All Natural Dog ChewsOwning a dog is all about fun, companionship, and responsibility. Unfortunately, when it comes to providing your pooch with a balanced diet, too many pet owners forget the balance part, opting for quick and easy store-bought treats instead of organic dog chews that might actually benefit their pups.
Here at Bullysticks Organic, we understand the importance of keeping your dog’s digestive system and dental hygiene in check. We pride ourselves on providing the best all natural dog chews to keep your dogs happy, healthy, and balanced. That being said, even the best organic dog chews require some moderation. If you’re unsure how and when to reward your pooch with a nice dog chew, here are a few tips we like to keep in mind.
- Treats and chews should be given out between meals. So if your dog eats twice daily, a chew to keep them entertained between those meals is going to be best.
- Let your dog smell the treat first! Nose, eyes, then ears is the best way to train. Once your dog smells the treat and reacts, let them see it, then speak your command and reward them.
- Moderation is absolutely key! In truth, dog treats and chews should make up less than 10% of your dog’s daily calorie intake. That means no matter how tempting it is to feed your pup lots of treats, you should stick to one or two treats per day.
- Keep it natural! Like we said before, we understand the importance of healthy snacks for your dog, and you should too! Look for treats and chews that are certified as all natural and organic. Your dog will thank you!
- Consult your vet. Just like humans, dogs can be subject to allergies and food sensitivities. If you’re not sure what’s upsetting your pup’s stomach, ask your veterinarian for chew and treat recommendations.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us for more information regarding our organic and all natural dog chews.